American Radio Relay League | Ham Radio Association and Resources The American Radio Relay League (ARRL) is the national association for amateur radio, connecting hams around the U.S. with news, information and resources.
- 2019 ARRL Board of Directors Election Resultson November 15, 2019 at 23:33
A new Director and Vice Director have been elected in the ARRL’s Southeastern Division, based on results from ballot tabulations on Friday, November 15, in the 2019 ARRL Board of Director elections. Mickey Baker, N4MB, defeated incumbent Director Greg Sarratt, W4OZK, 2,132 votes to 1739 votes. Also, challenger James Schilling, KG4JSZ, (1,356 votes) defeated incumbent Vice Director Joseph Tirit…
- The Latest Episode of ARRL Audio News is Now Availableon November 15, 2019 at 20:57
Listen to the new episode of ARRL Audio News on your iOS or Android podcast app, or online at http://www.blubrry.com/arrlaudionews/. Audio News is also retransmitted on a number of FM repeaters. Click here and then scroll down to see the list.
- The K7RA Solar Updateon November 15, 2019 at 14:57
Even with little to no solar activity, it is amazing how many long-distance HF contacts are possible, even without using weak signal modes such as FT8.Recent DXpeditions, such as the ones on Pitcairn Island and Marquesas, had little trouble piling up the contacts, even on ten meters. It helps that we are in the fall season.No sunspots over the past week, and average daily solar flux was about t…
- More than 1 Million Contacts Logged during ARRL Field Day 2019on November 14, 2019 at 17:19
- Youth on the Air Camp Coming to the Americason November 14, 2019 at 17:10
- Dayton Hamvention® Invites 2020 Award Nominationson November 14, 2019 at 17:05
Dayton Hamvention® is inviting nominations for its 2020 awards. Nominations are due by February 15, 2020. Awards will be granted for Amateur of the Year, Club of the Year, Technical Achievement, and Special Achievement. The Amateur of the Year Award is given to a radio amateur who has made a long-term commitment to the advancement of amateur radio. This individual will have a history of ham rad…
- Still Time to Work TX7T in the Marquesas Islandson November 14, 2019 at 13:42
- AMSAT Says HuskySat-1 Paving the Way for Further Cooperationon November 13, 2019 at 18:48
AMSAT says it had to maneuver some regulatory challenges in establishing its partnership with the University of Washington to share the just-launched HuskySat-1. The satellite went into space on November 2 aboard a Cygnus cargo vessel, which docked to the International Space Station. HuskySat-1 will be boosted into a higher orbit and deployed in January, and once it completes its primary missio…
- 2020 Cubesat Developers Workshop Issues Call for Abstractson November 12, 2019 at 14:22
- Russian OTH Radar Now Reported to be “Everywhere”on November 12, 2019 at 14:09
[UPDATED and CORRECTED @ 1625 UTC on November 2019] The latest International Amateur Radio Union Region 1 Monitoring System (IARUMS) newsletter reports the Russian “Contayner” over-the-horizon radar (OTHR) has been active in the 7, 10, 14, and 18 MHz amateur radio allocations (amateur radio is primary on 40, 20, and 17 meters). The OTHR transmissions have been 40 sweeps/second, FM on pulse, and…
- World Radiocommunication Conference 2019 Enters Its Third Weekon November 11, 2019 at 20:42
- December is Youngsters on the Air (YOTA) Monthon November 11, 2019 at 17:52
The IARU Region 1 (Europe, Africa, and the Mideast) Youth Working Group has announced that its December YOTA Month take place again this year.“We would like to invite you to take part with a call sign with ‘YOTA’ in the suffix,” the YOTA announcement said. “The idea for this is to show Amateur Radio to young people and to encourage youngsters to be active on the amateur bands.”YOTA said Decembe…
- Access to 60 Meters Continues to Expandon November 11, 2019 at 17:46
- The Latest Episode of ARRL Audio News is Now Availableon November 8, 2019 at 16:39
Listen to the new episode of ARRL Audio News on your iOS or Android podcast app, or online at http://www.blubrry.com/arrlaudionews/. Audio News is also retransmitted on a number of FM repeaters. Click here and then scroll down to see the list. If you visit the Audio News page on the ARRL website, be sure to take our brief survey!
- The December Issue of Digital QST is Now Available!on November 8, 2019 at 15:15